The Bushcraft Show 2012

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mang

Settler
Just seen this on Facebook. Dog owners will be happy :D

Press Release: The Bushcraft Show 2012

We are so excited about next years Bushcraft Show and are delighted to announce a new venue for the show…

With YMCA Lakeside splitting away from the national YMCA their new local policy is to not rent the site for public access events. As a result of this we have looked at a number of locations in the Lake District and around the country to find one that is... easily accessible and allows access to the space, resources and facilities that we need.

As bushcrafters we all hold dear the desire to have an open fire, there are fewer and fewer sites in the UK that welcome this, also as you will remember from last year the ability to bring dogs along is often an issue with venues too.

The Bushcraft Show 2012 will be held at Elvaston Castle and Country Park in Derbyshire, opened in 1970 as one of the first country parks in England. The park encompasses approximately 200 acres of open parkland, woodland, lakes and more formal (grade 2 & 2*) historic gardens. A nice big showground that is dry and level provides the perfect setting for the social area, classrooms, demonstrations, trade stands and field camping. Woodland areas bordering the showground provide woodland camping and the stage for woodland based activities.

The park has a Bridleway, Foot Paths, Cycle Routes and a super Nature Reserve with 6 Bird Hides, a Wetland Area, a Reedbed, Heronry, Butterfly Area, Dragonfly Area, Reptile Basking Area, Newt Pond and much more. You will of course see a wide variety of flora and fauna.

The lake, not normally available for public access will be at our disposal for the weekend, fires will be permitted and this year, dogs will be welcome at the show!

The park includes a Children’s Play Area and for those visitors who are members, a Caravan Club site, providing electric hook up facilities. Last year, feedback showed that visitors wanted to arrive earlier and get settled before the show, you can now arrive from 10am on the Friday in preparation for the show commencing on Saturday 2nd June!

Akin to last year we have some great activities and demonstrations planned with new ‘features’ being added all the time. John ‘Lofty’ Wiseman, author of the SAS Survival Handbook, which started the survival movement in the UK, will be speaking on the main stage and we have many more exciting things underway which we will release soon…

To book tickets call 0333 4567 123 (option 0)
Website: www.thebushcraftshow.co.uk (Currently being updated with the new details).

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Damn then wife is due to give birth the month before. Bless her she says I can go.
Anyone else fancy it.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
I had a brilliant time at last years show. The demos and stalls were fantastic.
I was nailed on to go to next years too but I've got a family wedding that weekend.
Absolutely gutted.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Cant wait!
I often work at Elvaston castle alongside the rangers, will be demonstrating at the event and hopefully have a pass to catch up with the other folks there.
Its my birthday on the 2nd June too :)
Its a lovely site and we also hold a woodland festival there in September that's well worth popping along to.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Guess I'm booking that Friday off......and the Monday after ;) good health . .

The Mighty Oak Is Merely A Nut Who Stood His Ground

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE