The 'Bug Out Bag' and the 'INCH' Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
I think that an INCH bag is more of an extreme bug out bag. I'm never coming home. Rather than I'm not coming home 'tonight' bag.

It's everything you would ever need including copies of passports, medical information, spare Meds, ID, family photos.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I think that an INCH bag is more of an extreme bug out bag. I'm never coming home. Rather than I'm not coming home 'tonight' bag.

It's everything you would ever need including copies of passports, medical information, spare Meds, ID, family photos.

I was thinking along the lines of "I'm never coming home" too. The not coming home 'tonight' bag is with me most days. Especially if I'm working. :)

"..I think the user knows this, as in the books when asked about the duck he always says "What duck?".."

Ah! good point. :)

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Pretty much "Fantasy Island" stuff for "I'm Never coming home bag" discussion though... Never going to be enough packed into a bag of a size capable of an easy carry, and the shopping trolley isn't really of the same discussion, you would need a hand cart with decent wheels ;)

Keeping it all realistic is the way to go...

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I have always thought the bug out bag idea a bit of an odd one. Fair enough if you live in certain parts of rural or mountainous parts of America or even certain parts of Europe that are not high density living areas but in the UK what are you supposed to do with them? If even a few thousand of us vanished into our local woodland areas the areas would be a shanty town within weeks as we just don't have the land for it.

My personal view is that "prepping" for an event that might need a BOB might have some minimal merit because I guess anything can happen in life but I would not think of it as anything other than disaster insurance. To that extent I would not think it foolish to keep a few kilos of cheap rice in long term storage and a couple of Jerry cans of Paraffin for heating and cooking. Other than that though the average family is best staying indoors and coping as best they can until whatever disaster has ended.

Having been rescued from my flat with nothing but the clothes I stood up in, I now have a bug out bag stationed next to the door, oh and if you do have to leave in a hurry make sure at least that your wallet is in your jacket pocket and your keys to get back in when it is safe to do so too.

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Pretty much "Fantasy Island" stuff for "I'm Never coming home bag" discussion though... Never going to be enough packed into a bag of a size capable of an easy carry, and the shopping trolley isn't really of the same discussion, you would need a hand cart with decent wheels ;)

Keeping it all realistic is the way to go...

Helicopter all gassed up to go, ready to take you to the secret airfield where your lear jet is hidden.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE