The Book of Camping and Woodcraft

rickcull

Apr 26, 2015
Llangadog, Carmarthanshire
Guys, What do you think, is it worth getting this restored?
It does ( from my limited knowledge ) appear to be a first edition but is in very poor condition. If its worth it are there any restorer recommendations ?
c8a73c1f62798f90c91367274fefa4bb.jpg

9307d72bd6624124889b343e5c2e9e3e.jpg

33401531fdc310d51b629ff3d350e299.jpg

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Can't help you out on the restoration side of things. One of my fathers pals might have but both dead now. I do have a copy of the book though, but in PDF form on the computer. Good read with some handy information in there.
Your copy looks pretty far gone, not just "slightly foxed" as they say in the trade. Even if not worth having it rebound it's worth keeping for reference.
Do you know if your local authority run evening classes? Sometimes some areas run book binding/repairing classes. Either you or someone there could do it as a project to keep the costs down. Ask at your local library and see. Failing that the mighty Google might help. ;)
Well worth reading though. Have many times and still dip in and out for reference.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

rickcull

Apr 26, 2015
Llangadog, Carmarthanshire
Can't help you out on the restoration side of things. One of my fathers pals might have but both dead now. I do have a copy of the book though, but in PDF form on the computer. Good read with some handy information in there.
Your copy looks pretty far gone, not just "slightly foxed" as they say in the trade. Even if not worth having it rebound it's worth keeping for reference.
Do you know if your local authority run evening classes? Sometimes some areas run book binding/repairing classes. Either you or someone there could do it as a project to keep the costs down. Ask at your local library and see. Failing that the mighty Google might help. ;)
Well worth reading though. Have many times and still dip in and out for reference.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.
Yep, probably too far gone - good idea though for evening classes I may look into that.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
Nice result and I guess if you're looking for a bookbinder Hay on Wye is a good lace to start. Was it expensive if you don't mind me asking. Just assumed it wouldn't be cheap.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE