The "Best" solo tent for under £100

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
I used to have a Coleman Cobra 2. Think I paid about £80 for it. I know they don't do them anymore, but there are plenty of similar designs around today. I spent hundreds of nights in it and shared it with a friend when we walked for 5 weeks on the Appalachian trail. It also withstood immense winds on the coast of France and was the only tent left standing in the field. In fact I was wearing ear plugs as I'd been on night duty and was woken, confused at 1pm by someone who couldn't find me to help sort all the school kids tents out. I'd slept through a hurricane. The thing that finally killed it was sleeping at Glen Nevis where I'd pitched in the dark and not realised I was in a slight dip. As the snow melted overnight I found myself floating on my mat with a ruined groundsheet.
It was a great tent. Plenty of space, good shape, light, tough and cheap! If you see something similar and you're happy with the materials used I'd say get one.

I think they have started to make them again, they also pop up on eBay now and again I have the cobra 3, cracking tent

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I love my Pro Action one manner. A 'Tiger Paws' in old money. Plenty of room, I'm 5'9 and there's room for more. I have room inside with me for my rucksack and have cooked in the porch although it's not massive. You can usually pick them up for 20 - 25 quid. I haven't tested it in gales but it has withstood a good lashing on several occasions.

The time you joined us all on the beach below the cliff I was zombied under a ponch.

On our previous visit I used the exact same tent as yours and it was quite breezy but no dramas with the tent - I only stopped using it cos it was powder blue...

Liam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE