The best kit from each army in your opinion

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Excellent - thats a good price. Were military mart okay when you dealt with them? I have seen warnings on the forum

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
An old thread indeed! Probably repeating some things I listed earlier but here goes:

US:
-P38
-Watch cap (the original wool one)
-McClellan saddles
-Poncho liners
-Fatigue sweaters (the original wool ons)

Dutch:
I'd love to get my hands on a Stingray but they're waaaay out of my budget. Likewise for the USMC ILBE ruck.

British:
Loads of things I'd like to try but not realistic at the prices here.

Russian:
All weapon related.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Santaman dont leave us hanging what's the Brit kit you would like to try ? If you ever needed anything sending over so long as you cover costs of item and p&p i for one would send over said item.Although i doubt there are many items on earth you cant get cheaper in the U.S than over here.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Santaman dont leave us hanging what's the Brit kit you would like to try ? If you ever needed anything sending over so long as you cover costs of item and p&p i for one would send over said item.Although i doubt there are many items on earth you cant get cheaper in the U.S than over here.

Thank you for the generous offer; and a few of y'all have indeed sent small, light items that I've appreciated greatly. It's the larger ones where said shipping would be too expensive (often doubling the cost of the items) such as bergans, or other similar size/weight things.

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
Wooly pully, SMLE no. 4 mk1, trangia burner, US GI canteen cup(SS) and after market stove stand, US K-Bar knife.

I'll most likely remember other items as my "old timers" clears up.

Oh yes US woobie

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Dutch stainless steel mess tins
Serbian wool blanket
Swiss army knife
Swedish lk35 rucksack is v good but I prefer the brit issue NI patrol pack as it's better for organising kit and in my opinion the perfect size to carry all your kit for an overnighter in woods

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Polish Laavu.
Czech bedroll.
Serbian wool blanket.
Norwegian Telemark pack.
Swedish Trangia.
Bcb cookset.

Your not going far with them, but they're bombproof.

Monspoonmaker

Mar 15, 2014
Silures
German army para boots
Dutch army HH fleece
Dutch army stingray rucksack
US army Bellville flight boots
US army M1951 wool shirt
Italian army 50/50 baselayer
Swedish army trangia
Swedish army 1939 wool jacket
British army 'softie' trousers

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
14 years in the US Army as an infantryman, the two best pieces of gear either issued, or bought, are the poncho and poncho liner. Many, many nights, those have been my shelter.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
14 years in the US Army as an infantryman, the two best pieces of gear either issued, or bought, are the poncho and poncho liner. Many, many

nights, those have been my shelter.

They are good, just brings back memories of using a liner and shivering and I was in the Fort Lewis Barrack room bunk bed as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE