The Aldi Heads Up Thread

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
There are an awful lot of Aldi heads up threads on here - so I've taken the liberty of creating a catch all thread. Hopefully all lovers of the alternative German discount supermarket will stick their product recommendations on here:

10 pack of nifty little diamond files currently at Aldi for a fiver - not listed on the website.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Aldi have some more skiing/winter stuff in from the 1st December http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week48Thursday11.htm. Usual softshells, thinnish fleeces, gloves and base layers. But some of those layers are ...merino! Apparently 100%, and £15.99 for each top/bottom.

+1 for these. I've been using them for two years now and they are amazing. The label states 100% Merino, and they feels as good as the more expensive brands. Cheers for the heads-up!

kodiakjoe

Apr 11, 2011
Leeds
+1 for these. I've been using them for two years now and they are amazing. The label states 100% Merino, and they feels as good as the more expensive brands. Cheers for the heads-up!

Another +1 for these, been using mine over the last year and feels great, washes well and I don't end up honking like I do with other base layers :) wish they did a long sleeved version! I'll be getting another - cheers for the heads up

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Another +1 for these, been using mine over the last year and feels great, washes well and I don't end up honking like I do with other base layers :) wish they did a long sleeved version! I'll be getting another - cheers for the heads up

+3 on that, I'll be getting another few bottoms. I'm waiting for the merino pants to come back in, there very good.

Edit-they're not Merino pants, they're Angorra.

Last edited:

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I got some last year.
They are comparable to the ones that I got from EDZ at four times the money.
Well worth a punt.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE