The 70s have returned!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh very well done :D and with ground penetrating radar too :cool: If the tunnels are there, well that's a good start for a permanent base :D

cheers,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's a different engineering construction and delivery, and the onboard technology leaves the earlier attempts in the dust.
The world has moved on and computerisation and miniaturisation and power consumption is an entirely different age now too.
Analysis in situ is lightyears from having to bring home some dust.

Right enough my Grandpa when being thrawn about not believing that men had been to the moon, and someone said, "But ye saw it on the telly!", replied, "Aye, and I saw Mickey Mouse on the telly too :)". :D

I think it's interesting and last time we had a space race thing going the technological developments were brilliant.

cheers,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
See all those pockmarks ? those are asteroid strikes. Those strikes are energy impacts. We know what they are.
See those flood plains ? those are volcanic flows. Those are from the interior magma, and again, we know what they are.
We understand how those features were created on Earth and we see the residual geological features....the hope is that the same events have left the same geological features as on Earth, since there is no reason to believe that they haven't since the other geological features are the same :) and those specific geological features, the magma tunnels, might be immense, and useful structures. Like these ones
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=la...%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FCave;1280;860

Now that's interesting :D No ?

cheers,
Mary

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Well done China, no doubt they will land people on the moon long before any other nation too.

Times have changed, Lunokhod 1, 1970

200px-Lunokhod_1_%28high_resolution%29.jpg

Yutu, 2013

_71736298_71736262.jpg

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
.....I think it's interesting and last time we had a space race thing going the technological developments were brilliant.

cheers,
M

You and me both. Technological developments, scientific discoveries, and most importantly, it inspired a generation to study science and engineering. Lets keep our fingers crossed for a similar result this time.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
You and me both. Technological developments, scientific discoveries, and most importantly, it inspired a generation to study science and engineering. Lets keep our fingers crossed for a similar result this time.

+1

A time of exploration, discovery and wonder. It would be great to see this again.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
I hadn't realised the 70's had ever gone! Does that mean I have get rid of my flares, penny-collar shirts and platform shoes? Gutted!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE