Tesco's Torch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Got my 2xAA version for £10 tonight and I have to say I'm impressed. Me and SWMBO went out for a walk just now and we stood with it off for a while and our eyes adjusted to the darkness, when we turned it on it was pointed at the ground and I actually flinched it was so bright even pointed at the ground.

Best torch I own by a mile, definitely glad I got it :)

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I have a Fenix AA and a Tesco AA, both have Cree emitters.

The Fenix is brighter and has five modes. Tesco's is bright but not as bright and has one mode.

Fenix has a HAIII finish, I don't know what Tesco's has.

Build quality of both seems to be good but I haven't dismantled them to see how good the soldering is.

The Fenix has a regulated circuit, I don't know about Tesco's (I would imagine it does).

Tesco's is excellent value for money. Fenix isn't cheap but it's not outrageously expensive either and I think for the features and quality it also represents good value.

Here's a link to a CandlePower Forum discussion about the Tesco lights with beamshots.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=209585

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I bought the one watt 2 x AA Tescos Torch after Ole Smokey blinded me with his! :lmao: I got mine in Tescos in Milngavie for £8 ish. It's never going to be a torch I pack with but for a general torch while out and about or in the car kit, it's an awesome piece of kit.

What torch do you pack with?

steve007

Tenderfoot
Mar 24, 2010
nottingham
you will lucky to find any to be honest im after the Ccell ones but no luck anywhere
there not even on there website no more AA or C cell

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE