Again whilst on the look out for basic camp food I gave this a go

Tesco Rogan Josh

400g tin cost £1.49

Food values for all 400g

Calories 650

Sugar 14g

Fat 49.2g

Salt 2.4g

This would be OK as part of a home made ration pack, pack some rice and you’d not go to bed hungry. Good texture, good amount of meat but no real kick or depth of flavour so 7/10 from me would benefit from adding a bit of something hot like a pinch of chilli powder.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
thanks for the heads up rik looks good could be a bit meatier though regards dave

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Any carcinogenic preservatives? In other words is that stuff good for you? Also with sugar and salt and all. Don't know if the amounts that it says are a lot or not for the number of calories. It does look like it could go down pretty well with some bread:)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Any carcinogenic preservatives? In other words is that stuff good for you? Also with sugar and salt and all. Don't know if the amounts that it says are a lot or not for the number of calories. It does look like it could go down pretty well with some bread:)

We've all seen the photographs of you cooking up tinned hot dogs (frikadel?) They're just packed with goodness. (They're a guilty secret of mine too)

The Survivor

Nomad
Feb 1, 2013
On Earth
Again whilst on the look out for basic camp food I gave this a go

Tesco Rogan Josh

400g tin cost £1.49

Food values for all 400g

Calories 650

Sugar 14g

Fat 49.2g

Salt 2.4g

This would be OK as part of a home made ration pack, pack some rice and you’d not go to bed hungry. Good texture, good amount of meat but no real kick or depth of flavour so 7/10 from me would benefit from adding a bit of something hot like a pinch of chilli powder.

What you need to kick the favour into action is some Creme Goulash, available in (very) hot, or sweet. Works great. Locally known as strong steven.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

Your not going to live on this stuff Niels so a can or two every now and then won't kill you, I'd not eat this or the Iceland meals at home although I'll put a few cans in my stores for when the world ends (and I survive of course) :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE