Terra Nova Sale

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
Well they are similar to but better and cheaper (At this price) than Yetis.

Edited..

and to the OP thanks... I think ... snagged a used Laser 5 space for 270. As a rule I don't do multi night or need more than a 2 person tent, I already have too many tents (Or so I am told) and really this is a just in case one. .. I am in so much trouble I really hope I am home alone when it comes. :)

Last edited:

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
for 2nd hand kit they're hardly doing anyone a favour. They'd skin fleas !
In fairness not a lot of the used stuff is "second hand", used is not the same as second hand.

Used A-Grade – These items will not have been used outdoors but may show some signs of indoor use such as creasing or scuff marks. In the case of sleeping bags and tents they will not have been slept in.
Used B-Grade – There will be signs of use and the item may have been used outdoors, but if so only for short periods of no more than a few days. Sleeping bags will not have been slept in. Tents may have been pitched in the wet, in which case they will be dried and packed correctly before entering stock. It is rare that Grade B items require repairs, if they have we will endeavour to list them in the product desription where possible.
Used C-Grade – Any products that do not fall in to one of the grades above will be classified as C-Grade and are subject to the largest price reductions. They are typically loan products that have been used for extended periods, warranty returns that have been repaired or ex-sample models that we no longer require. As these have been used, possibly for long periods, they will show obvious signs of wear and tear and tents may well show signs of UV degradation. Repaired products will feature a brief description of the repair in the product information where possible, and these repairs will not affect performance. If we are unable to calculate the age of an item, or are unsure as to the conditions it has been pitched/stored in, it may receive a C grade even though it does not appear to have been used. In such cases it will be stated that the item is an unused grade C."

You don't see much second hand stuff here or anywhere that is under a third of the new price even from people who don't have to charge Vat. or accept returns.

Sorry if I come across a bit defensive of Terra Nova, I am not connected with them except to say I have a lot of their kit and I am very impressed with the kit and service.

Last edited:

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Glad a couple of you have managed to find a bargain :)

Am I the only one that thinks 49 smackers is still a lot of money for a pair of gaiters?!

Nope, still seems a lot doesn't it! Although I guess they are half the RRP

Well they are similar to but better and cheaper (At this price) than Yetis.

Edited..

and to the OP thanks... I think ... snagged a used Laser 5 space for 270. As a rule I don't do multi night or need more than a 2 person tent, I already have too many tents (Or so I am told) and really this is a just in case one. .. I am in so much trouble I really hope I am home alone when it comes. :)

£270? that does seem like a bargain! Isn't the RRP on those around the £900 mark?! I know what you mean though, I've apparently got too many tents/shelters too, though i'm not so sure!

cheers for the heads up just picked up a nice wee Zephyros 2 tent for half price :)

Got to admit I was tempted by the Zephyros 2 myself, that and one of the Ultra backpacks.

Matt

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
Well I finally managed to get the Laser 5 up for a look see, if this is Grade C I have no idea what Grade A or B are. It's clearly never been wet or pitched outside no dirt snags tears zips all run easily no scratches or bends on the poles.. The only downside is instead of the uber titanium pegs they have given me a set of Alloy ones instead, which is a shame but that is all I can find to complain about. It has that new tent smell :) Now I need to find some friends :)

kodiakjoe

Apr 11, 2011
Leeds
Received my zephyros 2 the other day, haven't had a chance to pitch it yet but it's so much lighter than my previous 2 manner (van how hydra+).
As to condition, mine was supposed to be grade B but has never been pitched and came with tags. Very chuffed :)

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Well I finally managed to get the Laser 5 up for a look see, if this is Grade C I have no idea what Grade A or B are. It's clearly never been wet or pitched outside no dirt snags tears zips all run easily no scratches or bends on the poles.. The only downside is instead of the uber titanium pegs they have given me a set of Alloy ones instead, which is a shame but that is all I can find to complain about. It has that new tent smell :) Now I need to find some friends :)

Received my zephyros 2 the other day, haven't had a chance to pitch it yet but it's so much lighter than my previous 2 manner (van how hydra+).
As to condition, mine was supposed to be grade B but has never been pitched and came with tags. Very chuffed :)

I've only just seen these last two replies, good to hear that the tents were in such good condition, I'll have to keep look out for the next sale!

Any photo's of the tents in use?

kodiakjoe

Apr 11, 2011
Leeds
I've only just seen these last two replies, good to hear that the tents were in such good condition, I'll have to keep look out for the next sale!

Any photo's of the tents in use?

To my shame, the zephyros hasn't been used yet, too much work at the mo. It's been in the back of the car just waiting to get out. I'm hoping to do an overnight this weekend and will forsake the hammock for the zephryos and take some pics

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE