Tentipi's...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi People, had a meet last week, and my mate offered me the Tentipi's, as it's the end of the season, and they are moving in a different direction, anyway there are 4 in total, they have all been erected for about 12 months!

So are showing signs of neglect, they are a bit mouldy, they smell fusty inside, one i know has small holes repaired with tape (see pics) they have been put up on wooden floors, but the skirts are the mouldiest, but do not seem weak, anyway judge for yourselves.

Sold them to you yet?

Right i think i am going to keep the one with the broken zip, the one with the tape repairs is probably the worst, the other two seem ok, so they will stay in situ for another couple of weeks, then off to the bay of evil.

I would like £250.00 for the taped one, and £300.00 each for the other two, i think with a little tlc, they will be fine, but you have to satisfy your own minds.

Postage/carriage will have to be sorted between us, you are welcome to come and see them.

I don't do paypal, so cleared funds of some description, will have to be the way.

Any other questions etc, fire away.

Ivan...

Tentipi's 001.jpg Tentipi's 002.jpg

Tentipi's 003.jpg Tentipi's 004.jpg

Tentipi's 005.jpg Tentipi's 006.jpg

Tentipi's 007.jpg Tentipi's 008.jpg

Tentipi's 009.jpg Tentipi's 010.jpg

Tentipi's 011.jpg Tentipi's 012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Right! I have been up and the cut wooden platforms they are sited on are 3.6 metres wide, and the tipi's extend beyond that, so i would say 4 metres.

The centre pole is 2.6 metres tall inside the tipi.

Ivan...

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Ivan if you download this LINK and go to page 6 you'll get the specs. Sounds like you have Safir CP 7's

Tent model 7 cp
Approx. packed size (cm) 26 x 66

No of sleeping people 4–8

No of seated people 11–14

Living area 10.5 m2

Pitched diameter 4.5m

Height 2.7 m

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Folks, three of the tipi's now sold, subject to customer satisfaction and payment of course.

Thanks.

Ivan...

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Folks, three of the tipi's now sold, subject to customer satisfaction and payment of course.

Thanks.

Ivan...

Cor blimey Arfur! they went quick! Good going Ivan. There'll be some happy campers out there this winter now.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Morning, right there is one left, the manky one with holes in it in the pics, that looks like it's been taped over by a child!

Now reduced to £200.00 Collected it comes with bag.

Ivan...

Yes Paul, it was the one Richie stayed in and fell in love with!

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Morning, right there is one left, the manky one with holes in it in the pics, that looks like it's been taped over by a child!

Now reduced to £200.00 Collected it comes with bag.

Ivan...

Yes Paul, it was the one Richie stayed in and fell in love with!

Yesh, It was my children that taped it!

I had the pleasure of spending 4 nights in this one with my two girls. There are probably 4 small holes in the one side about hip height and the size of a biro point.
Easily patch up IMO and with a coat of proofing it could be back to its former glory. All the ties were in good order as was the zip.
I am tempted myself but doubt I could squeeze a shoe box in my garage at present.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE