Tentipi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
So used our Tentipi fist time on expedition with midges. Groundsheet used, no midges. Kids enjoyed midge free cooking on trangias and opening the cap vented the tent and one bottom vent open to. Recommended

25f4ec7fe91bde0250415e46c68e396a.jpg

4351ac7e7de01a0cef171dad7473578f.jpg

61d9f2d2b2d655e68ff41991e9477198.jpg

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
That is almost 4 times lighter than my canvas version!

Can you get the stove flap for those do you know?

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Very tempted to get one... be interesting to see if a stove pipe would run up the centre through that gap at the top... a lot of the heat from a stove comes from the chimney, and a lot of tents shove the chimney out fairly quickly. With this set up, you get more bang for your buck from your stove.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
That's what I'll be doing if I end up taking mine to Sweden.

EDIT: although mine is a Varanger 4-6 man

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
I've had a safir cp for years now. it really is the best tent i've ever had although not great for backpacking, lol!
Dewi, there is a dedicated chimney hole just below the apex of tent. If you look at Scotts pics, you can see it as a large fold of fabric above the door.
We use a Frontier stove in ours, and it really do kick out the heat. We used it in 70=mph wind earlier this year up in Scotland, and it didn't miss a beat, we were warm and dry and very comfy.

Taken earlier in June in Dunvegan on the Isle of Skye

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I'm thinking of using it mainly in winter, and possibly in Sweden as well if I get one... but as well as that I'd like one for spending a while out and about.

We have the big brother version, a 5m bell tent, but there isn't a chance I'm carrying that anywhere... its a heavy duty monster. Our family have at least one trip a year in it... enough room for 3 singles beds and a double, and a kitchen area, and a dining table :D But my better half doesn't like winter camping... and was nervous about the stove with the kids.

The Frontier stove is quite a heavy one isn't it?

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Very tempted to get one... be interesting to see if a stove pipe would run up the centre through that gap at the top... a lot of the heat from a stove comes from the chimney, and a lot of tents shove the chimney out fairly quickly. With this set up, you get more bang for your buck from your stove.

Thats what i do with my bergans lavvu

Its suffered from some high winds here but you can see the flue with a fire blanket wrapped around for insulation

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
If it'll fit 3 men in comfort, 1 man should be in luxury :D

Do you sleep on a mat in it when winter camping (or more accurately in minus conditions) or do you have a cot?

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Yeah its luxury for 1-2 men, which is what i bought it for

in the cold i have a ground sheet that covers more than enough area for two people to sleep and then just whatever grade of sleeping mat is needed, i like a thermarest with extra ccf pad underneath. Never had a cot, just seems like extra gear i don't need tbh mate

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Yeah its luxury for 1-2 men, which is what i bought it for

in the cold i have a ground sheet that covers more than enough area for two people to sleep and then just whatever grade of sleeping mat is needed, i like a thermarest with extra ccf pad underneath. Never had a cot, just seems like extra gear i don't need tbh mate

True, I used a couple of carp bed chairs in my Soulpad-alike, made it into a home from home. But the bulk, even car camping, was crazy. We use a couple of mats instead now, or a double inflatable. Leaves the rest of the place looking a bit bare, but Madam likes to roll up rugs and sheepskins and scatter them about, and I can spill bag contents everywhere ;)

When I was looking to change from the Oztent, I looked at the prices of Tentipi. And wept. Got the 4m belltent with zipped groundsheet from Obelink for £364, way under Soulpad or UKBelltent prices. It doesn't weigh 5kg though! More like 25.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
aye tentipi are not cheap are they, fantastic quality though

I wanted something as man portable as possible and the bergans were on sale at woodlore. i'm happy with it, not had any spark damage on it so far and its stood up to some serious weather

are those carp bed chairs as comfy as they look?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
are those carp bed chairs as comfy as they look?

They really are lovely. Bearing in mind your carp fishers might spend 48 hrs in them, they need to be comfy and padded. Mine are made by Cyprinus. If you're going that route, get ones with plenty of legs or you tip them up when you sit down or even stretch for your water bottle in the night. So, ideally 8 legs. Mine have 6, and we still tip them up. Might be worth checking the Chinese sites for them, I'll guarantee that's where many are made.

Again, be prepared to be shocked at prices, having said that I paid just under £100 for an Exped Synmat 9. Just make sure they're what you need cos I'm very comfy on the Synmat. Not as plush as the bedchairs though.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
They really are lovely. Bearing in mind your carp fishers might spend 48 hrs in them, they need to be comfy and padded. Mine are made by Cyprinus. If you're going that route, get ones with plenty of legs or you tip them up when you sit down or even stretch for your water bottle in the night. So, ideally 8 legs. Mine have 6, and we still tip them up. Might be worth checking the Chinese sites for them, I'll guarantee that's where many are made.

Again, be prepared to be shocked at prices, having said that I paid just under £100 for an Exped Synmat 9. Just make sure they're what you need cos I'm very comfy on the Synmat. Not as plush as the bedchairs though.

I'd never actually buy one mate, even car camping i begrudge hefting too much gear around....thanks for the info though, they do look super comfy. i imagine they would be pure luxury on a long term winter camp or something like that

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE