Tent Ladder lock improv repair

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

emrock

Nov 17, 2011
East Anglia
While camping in Sweden last October with my small Bergens Lavvu I noticed that one of the ladder locks on adjustable peg loops had broken. Essentially one side of it had snapped so it still functioned but was bending and i didn't want to risk putting too much strees on it.

Obviously before using the tent again I want to fix this, and so found the the 'Sea to Summit' repacement ladder lock that has a removable screw to allow you to replace the brocken lock without damaging your kit. This however is very expensive so I am thinking of using two keyrings instead, do you think this would work?

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
A wide cable tie will do it. :)

Keyrings need to be strong, if not, they pull out of shape and stab holes through kit. My tarps eat 60kg stainless rings for breakfast, rings will work though.

If your not too far away (I'm near Peterborough), your welcome to pop over and I'll stitch the new one in for you sometime and share Swedish camping stories, although the screw in ladderlock will be cheaper all told.

emrock

Nov 17, 2011
East Anglia
The big problem with the Sea to Summit is the shipping cost, all the places online seem to be extortionate when you include postage. As for the the split bar locks, yes they look like a good idea, however the loop for the current ladder lock is very tight and I am dubious a split bar would fit. Either way I am not really convinced that things ordered off the web will get to me in time for my trip.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Buy a couple of key rings, then. Or get the sewing machine out; it's not a big job. If you want a 25mm ladderloc, pm me

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE