Tent advise.......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dunx

Apr 8, 2013
West Wales
Ive got a few tents now, but although they offer various space etc. None actually pack down very small, so have decided to finally get a decent one. So far i think ive narrowed it down to 2 / 3 but could do with some help deciding on them.

The ones so far are the vango banshee 200 and the luxe mini peak 2.... Perhaps the new sil peak one.

How so these both stack up? And how stable are they in wind etc? I do like the idea of the luxe, but unsure how rugged/stable it is.

Any advise is welcome. And of course im open to other suggestions.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Ive got a few tents now, but although they offer various space etc. None actually pack down very small, so have decided to finally get a decent one. So far i think ive narrowed it down to 2 / 3 but could do with some help deciding on them.

The ones so far are the vango banshee 200 and the luxe mini peak 2.... Perhaps the new sil peak one.

How so these both stack up? And how stable are they in wind etc? I do like the idea of the luxe, but unsure how rugged/stable it is.

Any advise is welcome. And of course im open to other suggestions.

The luxe mini peak 2 has had some good reviews on here and elsewhere. Try searching for it. Another suggestion, which I can recommend, is the Golite Shangrila 3. it is light, stable and roomy enough for two people although more expensive than the luxe.

Dunx

Apr 8, 2013
West Wales
Ive read the reviews but none happened to mention how it was In wind. As in the past i have been in exposed open areas.

matt.gp

Apr 24, 2013
North England
I still use a Phoenix phreerunner which is 20 years Oldskool!

It's goretex and a single pole done style, for one or 2 at a push it has not let me down.

There's a few companies make similar offerings nowadays, macpac is one from New Zealand.

Remarkably hard to find on google.. This isn't my tent but you get the idea.

Ill pop on a photo next time I'm erected

adagenep.jpg

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
+1 for the luxe peak II Sil :) The newer version is even lighter and offers great inner area for the weight. To be even lighter you can leave the inner at home :)

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
The Vango Banshee 200 is very good value for money and stands up well to wind (my experience is with the 2011 model but I'm sure this carries through the range). If I might throw another option in, have you checked out the Wild Country Zephyros 2 . This is my backpacking tent and I'm very impressed, light at 1.8kg and with some modding mines down to 1.6kg.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE