tension in paracord when weaving

no2lurch

Aug 7, 2012
Cannock
I'm new to paracord weaving. When doing cobra stitch, king cobra, square weave or any other, how much tension should i be putting in? I tend to di the stitches as tight as possible. Is this right?

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
A tight weave will be a stiff bracelet, loose weave will be slacker.
As long as every weave has the same tension, so it looks even, it just comes down to preference.
When doing a square knot or round square knot (not sure of the correct name), I have it as tight as possible. I also leave the inner strands in for these too.

sent from my Jelly Bean'd galaxy nexus.

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
A tight weave will be a stiff bracelet, loose weave will be slacker.
As long as every weave has the same tension, so it looks even, it just comes down to preference.
When doing a square knot or round square knot (not sure of the correct name), I have it as tight as possible. I also leave the inner strands in for these too.

Now i always gut it for the square / Round knots - everyone to his own

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
If it's for decorative, gutting the cord helps the weaves sit better/more even. square knot is another name for the reef knot, unless you're on about the key-fobs?

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
The last box/round knot jobby I made used up about 50 meters of cord. A little carried away me thinks. It would make a great dog lead or skipping rope if it wasn't for the 4 monkey fists flailing off the end. Its my whip. Ooer missus.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE