Tengus latest hunt successes

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
A real Vango Force Ten tent.

in decent nick too.

Im sore tempted to keep it (even though its bulky...how did they carry those things??)

should I?

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
They are advertised as three man tents. I found mine comfortable for two, and it takes two to carry it - one with the inner and pegs and one with the flysheet and poles. Keep hold of it, it's an excellent tent. I've had mine for 30 years and only had to replace the plastic bits that the poles fit in.

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
If it's in good condition I would say keep it.
These tents are my enduring (and fond) memory of camping (in the early 80's:rolleyes: ).
They are bombproof.
Ahh ......the smell of damp canvas.:cool:

They will last a lifetime If looked after.
Oh.. and that classic orange colour looks damn good in photo's
As to how did you carry it......well we didn't know any better.:D

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I have just had a look at it

appears to be as new, still smells new...

but the pegs have been used and so I assume its been out a few times.

Ill hang onto it....

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I have a Vango Force 10 Mk4 CLX also. Mine has the extended fly sheet. The value is in them being original Vango Force 10's. They are quality bits of kit. The newer ones are made somewhere foreign and are of poorer overall quality. Mine must be over 30 years old, and still as good as new.

Eric

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
A real Vango Force Ten tent.

in decent nick too.

Im sore tempted to keep it (even though its bulky...how did they carry those things??)

should I?

As a young teenager, I carried a Blacks Mountain Tent for years, Egyptian Ventile, weighed about 22lb, then I got the lighter Force 10, only about 12lb;) The mountain tent was truly bomb proof, if memory serves me right, it had around 22 pegging points all together. That said, the force ten served me in all seasons for years, again, a bomb proof tent. Before buying my Golite Hex, I gave serious thought to a force ten, but age and a bad back dictated the Hex

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE