Tengu Flighted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

Deleted dude 7861

Is that why only one in five Scots live in Scotland, the rest move somewhere 'better':D

It's working........... that's it keep on telling yourself England's 'better'........much, much, better, no nasty midges or bleak mountains.

Think the secret's safe now mwaaahhahahah :D

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Well, Im back in Devon.

Ill post some pics when I sort them, and no, I dont think it all bleak; I wrote that last post in a hurry.

Lewis has some fantastic beaches and there has been tree planting of late, the houses (those occupied, there are many derilict) are nice.

I will say what I saw of Harris was the Golden Road. (the side so rocky the locals couldnt bury their dead, and had to go to the opposite coast for funerals)

Im not convinced of Skye...

the roads are nice, good visibility and a lot of passing places (something the Devonians havent discovered yet.)

I like irnbru and haggis suppers

Intertidal

Forager
Jan 26, 2008
Cornwall
Well, as a native Cornishman, I have to say Scotland Rocks!
As a climber, hillwalker and seakayaker Scotland has it all in spades. We visit most years, summer or winter, but its one long drive for us (particularly in the Landy!).
Even after 25 years visiting theres still loads of mountains to climb and coastline to visit.
I like the bleakness (especially Skye!), the weather and the wildlife. Superb seafood too - shame most of it goes overseas.
I've not visited the Hebrides yet, but its on the cards.
Don't particularly like Irn Bru, midges, clegs or ticks tho!

Intertidal

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
If you don't like countryside like this, don't go to scotland and Skye in particular. Personally, I love it (and that's a Welshman talking!).

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss157/ndh_01/Skye1-127.jpg

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss157/ndh_01/Skye2-19.jpg

The Outer Hebrides are fantastic - beaches as good as anywhere in the world (and the water's not that cold either). I did find Lewis quite barren but that has its own facination. My only disappointment was that there are quite few people out there - I was hoping for more solitude. You can find it if you look hard enough.

Cheers,

Broch

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE