Tell me about your Scandinavia/Boreal Trip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bluefrog

Nomad
Apr 20, 2010
Tywyn North/Mid Wales
Hello all,

I'm planning on heading to scandinavia for a wildlife and Bushcraft trip with my Girlfriend next September. I'm looking for ideas at the moment- anyone got any inspiration for a hiking style trip?

Cheers,

Ste

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
What is your experience of spending time outdoors, and are you used to walking with a backpack?
What about her? She is OK to do No 1 and No 2 outside a bathroom?
Used to walking, sleeping on uneven surface?

Yes I have some beautiful ideas for you, the location depends on your experiences!

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Hi glaskogen in Sweden is a safe bet , well marked trails ,lots of lakes ,lean to shelters you can cuddle up to the missus in , your allowed fires.
I was there in September this year it was full of edible mushrooms every few meters you walk you see them. Fishing was also good . I put a thread on hear with some photos you can probably find it if you click on my avatars

Edit, here's the link

https://bushcraftuk.com/community/index.php?threads/sweden-tour.150702

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
If you want to hike there are lots of trails. Link below, you have the language selection top left corner.
I have done some of them over the years. Most are easy walking.

https://www.wilderness-stories.com/svenska-vandringsleder-fran-norr-till-soder/

Glaskogen is not what I would travel from abroad for really. I would go furher north.
Too many visitors.

A really nice trek is from Vuoggatjålme to Nasa mountain and back.

Fires are allowed everywhere, unless there is a ban in effect.

If you want anything translated do not hesitate to ask!

Edit: I am not sure September is a good time to go, it can be rainy and chilly. July is better.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE