Tee-tree (T3)

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Anyone got any experience with this stuff?

TeetreeT3.jpg

It's from Australia (originaly), and is supposed to have some medical qualities: works with rashes, sore throat, cuts, etc.

Your thoughts please gents :D

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
i have 2 bottles of them. One is the on from the picture (bever sport) and a large bottle from Lidl, but that one is only availble during those sale weeks.

I have used them for cuts and stuff. Works well, it does have a strong smell, but you stop noticing it quite quickly. But others can still smell it afterwards, atleast in a confined space.. I don't find the smell bad, though.

Nemisis

Settler
Nov 20, 2005
Staffordshire
I've been using tea tree oil for various things for over ten years its great stuff
anti viral,anti bacterial and anti fungal. Get a good book on aromatherapy and you'll learn a lot more of its uses. Prior to modern medicines it used to be supplied in first aid kits to aussie troops.
Dave

shadow57

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 28, 2005
Glossop, Derbyshire
I have used it on and off to treat althetes foot and it does seem to work but it sometimes smell like poo :lmao: :lmao: well that's what my lady friend say's :) John

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
shadow57 said:
I have used it on and off to treat althetes foot and it does seem to work but it sometimes smell like poo :lmao: :lmao: well that's what my lady friend say's :) John

You sure that that the smell isn't just your feet generally :rolleyes: :lmao:

:sad6:

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
It's excellent stuff. I always take a bottle with me when off camping. As has been said, it's useful for so many things.

L

Lost_Patrol

Its fantastic stuff ! Until a few years ago I used to get very sore throats and tonsilitis regularly. Now I just dab a bit tea tree on and the sore throat is fine for hours. It also drastically shortens the time the infection lasts.
It does make you gag a bit when you're dabbing and leaves a horrible taste for a while but its a small price to pay. :)

Also handy for cuts, spots etc.

Pappa

Need to contact Admin...
May 27, 2005
South Wales
www.plot55.com
I remember reading about some tests they did on tea tree oil a while ago. They tested it against 50 different bacteria to see how many it would kill and to the surprise of the scientists involved it nuked everything. If I remember rightly, they did more tests and found it was almost as effective as bleach at killing germs. Unlike other anti-bacterial liquids (such as TCP) it doesn't burn the skin when used in strong doses too.

Pappa

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
It's tree-mendous stuff :naughty:

It's a heck of a distance off being as effective as bleach though, in those situations where bleach is required or stipulated TTO is not an adequate replacement.

In terms of natural anti-bacterials, it's the daddy.

Pappa

Need to contact Admin...
May 27, 2005
South Wales
www.plot55.com
Great Pebble said:
It's tree-mendous stuff :naughty:

It's a heck of a distance off being as effective as bleach though, in those situations where bleach is required or stipulated TTO is not an adequate replacement.

In terms of natural anti-bacterials, it's the daddy.

I suspect the scientist were working with comparable quantities though. While it may be easy to soak something in a solution of bleach, you'd be unlikely to ever have enough tea tree oil to use it to disinfect things by soaking them in it.

One thing that's probably worth adding. I think tea tree oil is about as effective as salt water at killing bacteria, which is an oft forgotten and excellent antiseptic. Ages ago I worked as a body piercer for a short time and in the literature it was recommended as one of the best antiseptics to use on new piercings.

Pappa

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE