Teddy Tours Tuesdays Tea

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
some nice pics,looks how cold is it there , it looks very cold

Hi, there the ground was still frozen hard but there were pools of water in some of the Bridleway ruts, the wind was keen though must have been a couple of minus degrees of wind chill and I was glad to get out of the wind for the brew stop. Last month though, see post #12 http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65396&highlight= the temperature was minus several degrees and the wind chill was so bad I didn’t stop for a brew,but carried it all the way round and back to the van I had instep crampons on and was walking on top of the frozen snow
cheers Danny

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Danny, another great post, Kids loved pic's 14 and 15, ive just been asked by my eldest can i take one of her Teddy's with me next time im out, so if you dont mind(dont want to steal your copyright) as a one off to keep her happy i will take one to the Beach camp im organising. Though i must say it wont be eating steak and wine, it will have to make do with boil in the bag and a brew.

Sounds like the start of a competition - go for it - watch out for Red though he'll want silly hats !

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Danny, another great post, Kids loved pic's 14 and 15, ive just been asked by my eldest can i take one of her Teddy's with me next time im out, so if you dont mind(dont want to steal your copyright) as a one off to keep her happy i will take one to the Beach camp im organising. Though i must say it wont be eating steak and wine, it will have to make do with boil in the bag and a brew.
Hi Andy I've seen a couple of Ted's on here Misture Brown comes to mind
4871_1150337608155_1519073567_384847_6380426_n.jpg

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57725&highlight=mistur+brown
Maybe Irishlostboys up for the competition ? I'll PM him
cheers Danny

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
i like how there a chopping board in one the pics ^^ very cool idea

Hi, it's Olive wood a present from the market in Nice (south France) I use it for food prep to give me a clean surface to work on and saves me cutting the non-stick finish in the frying pan (minus handle) which I also use as a stay clean light weight plate.
cheers Danny

justsun

Nov 14, 2010
italy
tuesdays teddy tour ... teddy is becoming everbody's tour teddy ... comment : PAINT... photoshop ... thats the difference looking through present past photo's ... PAINT is able to blow up a photo giving photoshop a blackeye...just goes to show how one can learn to make a program work ... the cave entrance ... it looked shallow, then following down the next photo the stick gave the height & depth ... useful tool ...is the cave man-made .... because i noticed you mentioned that in the area where once coal mines

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
I was wondering where the Italian Teddy Fan Club was ?
I presume this was a natural cave that the miners and prospectors from the near by mineral mines (copper,calamine and lead) found a seam in and dug it out ? I’m also not sure just how extensive the coal mines were ? maybe, mainly “bell pits” across the moor, but no doubt BCUK will have someone in the know ? a few of my geological queries have been answered in the past. Do you have a camera or camera/phone ? how about some photo’s of Italy's Pasta forests, Parmesan quarry's and Wine lakes ? open an online photo account like http://photobucket.com/ upload and post the links on here. The walking pole is 4' 7" that's about 1.4 meters? I mentioned it back here http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46935 and include it, in most Tours to show scale.As for Win. Paint it’s only a very basic (free) drawing program but over the years Win98, WinXP. I’ve managed to work it out, but I’m having to relearn it now with Win7 and so far it’s even better, but Photoshop is far more complex, (and expensive to match this). Thanks for the reply
cheers Danny

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE