Teddy Tours light a fire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Friday back down to the flooded quarry at SD91088-48805 inspired by gill's forest walk photo's I decided that even though
we have a flint and steel lit fire everyday at home I'd do one out in the woods and give my stove collection a rest.
So unrolling a piece of rubber backed carpet to kneel on and tinder tin at the ready with a roll of birch bark some hemp fiber
and fluffed sizal string made into a nest
1carpetfiretools.jpg

a spark onto charcloth a quick blow and the pine fat wood was away
2fatwoodlights.jpg

fire was soon going and one and a half billies of packed snow gave enough water to boil the roasting bag
3billyon.jpg

While in the village the other day I spotted a brass candle nightlight holder and for some reason thought of big swede's fire idol post by
The Cumbrian. So sawing off the bottom and a quick polish gives a crown for the fire idol
4dinneron.jpg

this was the camp site with Teddy about to open the bar
5camp.jpg

Long live the king
6longlivetheking.jpg

dinner was a small tin of beans with sliced thin smoked pork kebanos and the wine a South African Shiraz with a buttered and Marmite French stick
7dinner-1.jpg

and leaving only footprints this was the site as I left
8packeduptoleave.jpg

with this the view on the way home
9onthewayhome.jpg

cheers all Danny

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
I think that we'll be hard pushed to beat the workmanship, so we'll have to go for massiveness. Pack your double bitted Cegga next weekend. We're gonna need it.

It's not made by cegga, but by an independent custom axe smith like cegga. I'll seriously consider it. Although a bow saw would be a better tool IMO. But massiveness is the way to go. A fatwood massiveness.

Boiling cotton canvas and washing the surplus shop gunk out of the wool inner mittens btw.. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE