Teddy Tour to the flooded quarry

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
This was Tuesday mornings view from the bedroom window and it's snowed a couple of times since then
01homesnow.jpg

So this morning(Wednesday) saw me setting off across the fields to meet up with the disused railway line outside the village
1downrailwayline.jpg

taking the branch line then over the road and through the wood
2sunlightthroughwood.jpg

lead on to the frozen over, flooded quarry. The branch line goes under the road and comes out at the bottom
3longviewquarry.jpg

where dinner was yesterdays home made chili sausage casserole heated up, and eaten out of a roasting bag,
in a zebra billy on a stainless Tatonka, (industrial meths) in a Heinz sponge pudding tin windshield pot stand
balanced on the upturned zebra inner bowl for insulation
with a brew made out of the water. Finished off with a Californian Merlot.The seat was ideal in the snow and fits inside the pack
4dinner.jpg

Back down through the woods I'd brought some "fatballs" taken out of their nets to share with the local wild life
5robin2.jpg

before making my way back home along the old railway bed
6railwayto.jpg

The snow was like fine frozen powder and wouldn't even pack together to make a wind break wall for the stove.
There's more forcast though so it might be better stuff. cheers all Danny

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Nice one Danny.

I always like to see write ups of what I call "back yard trips". It shows that you don't have to travel to a National Park to enjoy a days wander a see a bit of wildlife.

Cheers, Michael.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
As (the Cumbrian) Micheal says sometimes you don't have to travel far. I've posted photos of Tue. and Wed. so here's some from Thursday morning out of the bedroom window
homesnow1.jpg

looking right
homesnow2.jpg

looking left
homesnow3.jpg

just a short walk out along a lane
alongthelane.jpg

to the local waterfall for a brew
steamup-1.jpg

stoves a Optimus 96 primed and lit with a cooks blowtorch
brewup-2.jpg

once again the chair was worth carrying in - todays visitor was a Wren which never stopped still I had to "pan" to get this
wren.jpg

cheers all Danny

Waterworx

Nomad
Nov 22, 2009
Cornwall
Looking fantastic, as usual, danny. If only I couldget a day pass for a wander tomorrow, don't think SWMBO would be to chuffed if I disappeared for a day of her holiday :lmao:

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
thanks again what is the black and silver contraption teddy is holding ? flask ?

Hi stooboy it's a cooks blowtorch from TKMax but this link should give you all the specks http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COOKS-CHEFS-BRULEE-COOKING-GAS-BLOW-TORCH-REFILLABLE_W0QQitemZ160390879885QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Kitchen_Accessories?hash=item25580a9a8d
I've never dealt with them just put a quick search into e-bay
I use one all the time to prime and light my stove collection saves messing about with meths. Lights first click in any wind burns at any angle and also great for creme brulee
cheers Danny

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE