TeaLight Stove.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I saw this a while ago,so i thought i would give it a try,ive done it slightly different to the one i saw...
one simple catering beans can,drill holes all the way around top and bottom.
cooker1.jpg
[/IMG]
next put a piece of wire coat hanger through the middle..
cooker2.jpg
[/IMG]
Next put in lit tea lights.
cooker3.jpg
[/IMG]
Then take a large can,this one was a large potato can leave the lid partially on fill with water,place inside large can resting on wire,hey presto a simple tea light stove.
cooker4.jpg
[/IMG]
By using a bigger tin inside the heat is held in better,and more tea lights can be used.

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
wolf said:
I saw this a while ago,so i thought i would give it a try,ive done it slightly different to the one i saw...
one simple catering beans can,drill holes all the way around top and bottom.
cooker1.jpg
[/IMG]
next put a piece of wire coat hanger through the middle..
cooker2.jpg
[/IMG]
Next put in lit tea lights.
cooker3.jpg
[/IMG]
Then take a large can,this one was a large potato can leave the lid partially on fill with water,place inside large can resting on wire,hey presto a simple tea light stove.
cooker4.jpg
[/IMG]
By using a bigger tin inside the heat is held in better,and more tea lights can be used.

Did you know there is a new type can opener it cuts the seam on the side then the cut top can be used again for cover will not fall in can

http://www.cutleryandmore.com/details.asp?SKU=4996 this one make there are more model this is just one

Greywolf

Forager
Jun 5, 2005
East Riding of Yorkshire
Very nice stove :D

I have made a similar one but my pepsi stove (actually made from carling cans :eek: ) sits nicely at the bottom so I get windshield and pot stand all in one ;)

Never thought about using t-lights to cook on, but they do kick out a fair amount of heat, should have thought about it really :lmao:

Greywolf

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
lol - that post brings back memories!! I had to cook using tea lights in a biscuit-tin stove for a week once because of no gas/electricity in a flat I moved into in London. It was also freezing cold - my flatmates and I had to wear all our clothes all the time as nowhere to light a fire.

We were very relieved when we eventually got the energy companies sorted out and got ourselves re-connected, but it was also an eye-opener. I'd hate to think what would have happened if we'd been elderly and less resourceful.

I can't even remember why they hadn't connected us in time now, but I know it was their fault!! Poor administration or something I expect - it was Hackney, after all.

daveymonkey

Tenderfoot
Sep 26, 2005
ive also made a few of these i keep one in my car boot ready for winter ive used a large soup can, if you check out the book " winterwise: travel and survival in ice and snow" by allford it gives a great diagram of how to make one try hexamine tabs instead of tea lights as they tend to burn hotter i find but be careful when touching the can :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE