Teaching Bushcraft & Survival for the first time

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
Well done Ash. I firmly believe that the best teachers are those who get a kick out of watching others learn, not out of showing others how much they know.

I think I recognise the young lady in the picture and she thinks you are a good teacher. :)

Martin

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Thanks Martin! Those words mean a lot. :) yourself & Allie have both been a pleasure to help in the past. Thanks for showing us your trap last time we camped out too.

I usually love to take lots of photos and would have loved some of last weekend, however with me teaching a group of school kids Claire & I decided to leave the camera at home, but then of course as soon as I started teaching what did all the teachers do.. get their cameras out & start snapping! :rolleyes:

I should track down the school perhaps and see if I can have a copy of some of the photos.

Stryker

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2008
Durham
I'm full of admiration for your honesty in admitting your nerves Nightwalker.

I often feel that I would get great satisfaction from teaching and passing on knowledge onto others, but the fear of presenting has always held me back.

The inspiritational thought that you obviously have, to borrow a phrase is "Feel the Fear, but do it anyway"

Cheers

Mountainwalker

Forager
Oct 30, 2008
Sydney
Fantastic post, teaching can be a real buzz. There is a real skill in managing a group of 18 kids!

Last weekend I took my two kids 3 and 7 out into the bush to teach them how to identify various native plants and today they helped me sand back some wooden spoons. We all had a great time. 'Bushcraft' is such a great family pursuit and teaching kids such skills as you did is a very noble endeavour in my book. Well done.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE