Tea Coffee Sugar. How do you carry yours?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
After some ideas for tea, coffee, sugar carrier/holders.

Currently I use some round tins which I keep in an old Powertraveller pouch.

Anyone got any better ways of carrying all 3 together? In a neat compact package?
13a2087c5a1fd1e68f66781d60695fce.jpg
40b20afdf927f607d1d82d3392ef1c5a.jpg

OLO
www.onelifeoverland.com
//probably typed on mobile so please excuse typos!

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
It is a pest, you are right ... teabags not so much, but dried coffee, dried milk, sugar are unholy rowdy when they escape especially if they team up with any moisture at all.

Usually, I just take teabags, drink tea clear and forego the faff of the rest of the sticky mess ... but if not, screw top Nalgene jars in their own ziploc

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
I use some small ziplock bags to put them in separately, then I put those little ziplock bags in a small zipped pouch.

bonus is for longer trips/more people I can use bigger ziplocks and a bigger pouch.

for just me though the pouch is about 2 inches x 3 inches x 1/2 inch and I can get a handful of teabags and a handful of single serve dried coffee packs and same again of sugar.

if with the missus I take milk in a small insulated flask, but if on my own I just drink it black

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Thing is with instant is that you got to take it for what it is. Its not coffee .. more a potentially very pleasant kind of all-day dessert option. Add maple syrup and condensed milk. It may surprise you to know that the stuff is loved in France ... well, apparently ... God knows I can't cite a source on that. We all know in our hearts that unless made well from good newly ground beans, 'real' coffee isn't very palatable. We use it to start our hearts in the morning. That's it. Might as well add hazlenut syrup to render it potable, in which case, might as well use the instant. Not that instant is especially cheap, obviously.

Last edited:

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
I carry green tea bags in a plastic bottle or sometimes loose leaf green tea. Stevia in its native docet.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I don't like coffee and I don't have a sweet tooth.
So I just take a few tea bags - earl grey or green tea - in a grip lock bag.
And since it's earl grey or green tea I don't need milk either.
Couldn't get much easier, to be honest.

Reactions: Broch

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
For coffee, fresh coffee bags, so simple and no mess. For tea, earl grey all the way, neither with milk just keep it simple and motorway or McDonald’s for packets of sugar!

So I came up with this contraption today having spent much of last night looking to see whats on the shelves and what others use. I was already using 1 tin for sugar and 1 for coffee anyway but on occasion Mrs olo comes too and she drinks tea so needed a third.

So 3 tins, 6 rivets, some black tape and a sticker later and I had this. It works really well and am quite pleased with it. Definitely a regular new addition to my kit.

Tried and tested on a trip out this arvo.
3959cbedb62889095c6289a673d238d0.jpg
ca593ee1ccc61d05c2617ce69d7c2c07.jpg
9b642bc9e88c908f298b402d53ada78b.jpg
aeb63908164b9b282d6acc31d66e900a.jpg

OLO
www.onelifeoverland.com
//probably typed on mobile so please excuse typos!

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
I've got a load of the little plastic baggies that I used for storing triclover gaskets when doing an investigation a couple of years ago, they're a staples item but can't remember the part number. I just have a bag for powdered milk, coffee, and sugar, it's enough for a weekend, and if I need more I just pack more bags, they sit in the front pouch of of my waterbottle pouch.

We had some spare teabags which I've filled with ground coffee and vacuum packed for an end of trip treat, they work quite well.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
I just use zip lock bags, and store them with food also in zip lock bags stored in a cheapy dry bag. It's a good light weight option and you can wash them out quite easily. I just have black tea or black coffee cowboy style.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE