My Kit and what I carry

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
Bravo4, Your right It's not intended to be carried inverted nor is the Bayonette frog, however the bayonette frog clips on the the yolk main nicly in this position with a little gaffa tape at the other end (the blade tip) the USAF knife fits in side the bayonette frog nice and snug (with a little force) and removes easily again with a little force, it hasn't fell out yet, but I have nothing securing it inside the frog other than the snug fit I thing it will only be a matter of time (may be a strap of velcro may me a good idea here)

The issue bayonet frog was designed to hold the rigid bayonet scabbard. It is not safe to carry a knife in the frog alone as there is no welt inside it - especially if you intend to carry the knife near your chest!
I have seen Goloks being sold with the frog as a sheath, but it that is probably because they are available and cheap. They are not fit for purpose.

Bravo4

Nomad
Apr 14, 2009
New Mexico, USA
Call me safety-geek, but I really agree about that sheath set-up. The original USAF sheath is seriously reinforced, in effect a blackjack with knife removed. I'm thinking like a grunt here, but if you hit the dirt for whatever reasons, maybe you stumble wearing a heavy pack, whatever...possible big ouch....and if you are crawling on your belly the knife is dragged out. Also, gravity happens and stuff goes missing which is worse than not having the stuff in a possibly but not a certainly more accessable position. In other words, you'll more likely need the knife, than you will need to draw it quickly, and you can't draw it quickly if it isn't there. If you really want an inverted carry knife with a bomb-proof locking mechanism and one-handed access, check out what the river rescue people/divers, etc use as they have put much thought into this.

One of the great things about getting out of the army is that you can tell the folks who tell you what to do with your kit, to get bent.

Sometimes army guys don't dress like army guys because then it is pretty obvious that they are army guys. Camo is about what stands out and what does not. I was taught to assume you are always being watched or looked for and to dress accordingly. In the field, sometimes you change your costume and your make-up as one act changes to the next. The guy in the clownsuit said to the guys in the camo, "You guys are idiots, they're gonna be looking for guys dressed like you."
Happy Trails

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE