Tea and Coffee Whitener

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Puddock

Nomad
Nov 7, 2010
Dumfries and Galloway
Does anyone have a good source for buying tea or coffee whitener in individual sachets?

I have looked online but you have to buy 1000 at a time and £30 is a bit much. I am just looking to buy 50-100?

Same goes for Coffee Sachets?

I know that you can 'borrow' some from hotel rooms and motorway service stations etc, but I don't spend much time in either.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I tend to pick up the Nescafe or Kenco 2-in-1 or 3-in-1 from the bargain stores, can't remember the price but they come in packs of 10's or 15's.

Bargain Madness or Poundland is usually guaranteed if you have one nearby.

shutz

Forager
Jan 5, 2011
cumbria
we use the freeze dried tea (like QT) easy, comes with whitener and you dont have to trow a tea bag away. Or black coffee but that won't help you:)

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Once upon a time and it does not seem all that long ago, I was able to get Dairystix (your standard catering pack) from my local tescos, not seen them recently though.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
i use a polythene bag and some wire bag ties.............just put in what you would normally have in a cup of coffee, (in my case 1 coffee, 2 sugars, 2 whitener) tip the bag so it goes into a corner and then using a tie, seal it. repeat this until you have enough drinks to last you. one advantage is that you get the same drink indoors or out, just the way you like it.

Dormouse

Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2010
UK
You can get little tiny zip lock bags from supermarkets - they're intended for sweets or snacks in kid's packed lunches. They are perfect for making up your own brew bits.

Take them home with you after use, wash them, turn them inside out to dry and re-use.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I make my own sachets up too.

Or if I'm just going to have one brew I put it in my mug (which has a sealed lid) in advance with the sugar and then pour the hot liquid from my vacuum flask on it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE