Tcp

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
TCP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCP_(antiseptic)

It's the bog standard anti-septic. TCP is renowned for killing all buggits, but the smell puts many off, so Dettol and Savlon became popular instead. Most folks still know the smell of TCP though and it's widely available. Used like folks used to use the purple crystals, but TCP doesn't stain.

Mesquite, thon poor lad must have been in misery :rolleyes: daft eejit though :)

I had tomato paste on my pizza last night, and the whole thing was overpowered by the TCP taste :sigh:

Soap didn't take it off my hands to any noticeable effect, and I'm not for trying it in my mouth. I did try toothpaste but it stunk up my brush enough that I threw it in the bin.

Trust me on this; TCP as a mouthwash is a no-no!!

M

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
Santaman, TCP is something that if you had the least slightest cut, sore throat, graze or especially anything embarrassing as a kid your mom would smother you in it and send you to school so everyone within 50 metres smelt it and wanted to know why you was using it.

D.B.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
TCP is foul. Even a wee dab on a cut stinks for days. I followed some old fella out of the supermarket the other day and he reeked of the stuff.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Ahhh. When I was a kid the common one they put on us for minor cuts, abrasions, etc. was Mercurochrome (a brand name for merbromin and it stung like a wasp when they put it on) That was replaced by Merthiolate (a trade name for thimerisol) while I was still quite young. I'm not sure if either is even still available today?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE