TBS Boar lock knife and custom clothes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Hi guys and gals,

I recently caved in to an impulse purchase of a TBS boar lock knife and shortly after a custom sheath - both from he bushcraft store.

The knife itself has a Scandi grind and feels very well made with a solid lock that has no play or wobble.
It arrived shaving sharp and I have been putting through its paces with a bit of carving, feather sticks, fire steel striking and so far I am quite impressed.
The blade is carbon tool steel so needs to be given a bit of care to prevent rust and the handle is a lovely curly birch that is comfortably designed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426099425.457691.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426099435.090736.jpg

The sheath, as I understand it, is custom made for the bushcraft store by wolf wind leatherworks which is a chap in Portugal who I think is a stand alone artisan.
Alongside some of the makers on here this is some of the best leatherwork I have seen and am extremely pleased with it.
It sits very securely on the belt and has a comfortable sturdy feel when in place.
I actually contacted the chap via his website and have commission a separate pouch to fit an Altoids tin to match as I want to build up new custom belt kit - about 3 weeks making and shipping time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426099677.792657.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426099685.592979.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426099695.043969.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426099702.494479.jpg

No affiliation to to either of these companies but I am one very happy customer.

All the best, Hamster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
The chap also makes a beautiful looking equipment belt designed to be work over trousers or jacket.
I am really tempted but at just over £200 it is a little rich for my blood unless I get a windfall.

I have seen a webbing version online with the same buckle (Austrialapin) which I really like and is a sort of riggers belt that I think I will go for as a base for my belt kit.

Pics and review to come once I have everything assembled.

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Hi guys,

Sorry for bumping the thread again but i did a couple of video reviews on the knife and sheath/pouch and thought i would add them on for your perusal.

[video]https://youtu.be/fnYGiEWixnk[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/KImx3-1u0EE[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE