TBS Boar and Boar folder input wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Hi guys,

I am in the market for a new knife, I have no real need for one but the idea is in my head and I have been enamoured by the TBS Boar fixed or folding version from the bushcraft store but can't find many reviews on them.
Has anyone here had any hands on experience with them and are there any opinions on them?

Not too fussy with handle materials but will probably go for curly birch and the carbon steel version.

Thoughts and comments about these knives greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Hamster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Ive a Boar folder with matt micarta scales and it's now my go to edc pocket knife, very comfy to use & holds a superb edge, TBS customer service is faultless too, i had an issue with mine when i first got it as one of the retaining screws fell out, TBS asked me to return the knife to them for a replacement and they offered to refund the cost of postage too, didn't have to do it in the end as i found the screw and put it back in with a bit of thread lock, even after telling them this, they were happy to take it back if i wanted to exchange it - not had a problem with it since.

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I bought the folder with walnut handle in august, it is well made and the blade keeps its edge very well. The walnut needed sanding properly and oiling. I do t regret buying it but do think that it is a little bit overpriced

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I got the folder a Christmas time and it is now my edc its a great knife and I was so impressed that I bought the Grizzly in carbon steel just a s a blade which I am in the process of handling. My thoughts are I have the folder as a small knife my Wilkinson Woodlore as medium and the Grizzly for more heavy duty tasks. All in black micarta. :)

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Cheers guys it's definitely looking like a thumbs up. I'm sure they do both in carbon steel which is my preferred option.
I have been perusing this evening and think I may wait for them to stock the wolfwind belt pouch/sheath as I figure it would be rude not to get some pretty clothes for it too.
I already have a mora hd and an RM bushcraft as my fixed blades so thought it would be nice to have a good Scandinavia folder for day trips etc... Where I'm not planning on doing any heavy knife work but still want a good blade for smaller tasks.

Jan 16, 2015
Isle of Skye Scotland
fantastic knives i have a boar benchmade with green micarta scales
and a grizzly with natural micarta
they are easy to sharpen razor sharp out the box
i went carbon steel aswell
advise you to go with leather pouches as kydex leaves marks on the blades
also my grizzly ended its own kydex sheath and ive got the leather one now "

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE