Tattooing leather

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
If anybody can find what will waterproof the leather to protect the surface from the excess ink wipe off I'm prepared to give it a try anyone fancy sending some leather pre treated with water proofer and a design idea and ill try it .
I would also add just for now to do the prototypes in black then see if colour would be possible on a scrap piece or off cut of leather.

Last edited:

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Im sending Trev a sample with resolene on to test and an untreated one. But the guy on the website says he uses oils on veg tan. Neatsfoot maybe? Unfortunately I don't have any of that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
My brain is in overdrive if this works .imagine what is possible on all leatherwork

We know it works as someone else is doing it - we just need to sort out the process. The interesting thing is he's tooling the leather once he's tattoo'd it. Which means he cases it - therefore he's stripped off the waterproofing. His leather is also very pale which makes me wonder if he's using some sort of cleaner to get rid of any excess ink.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE