Tatra Mountains in Poland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 22, 2006
uk
Hi,
I'm going to stay in the Tatra Mountains in Poland this summer, I'll be around Zacopane.
There are brown bear and lynx, marmot and more to be seen in the Tatras, but I'm not expecting there to be too many near to Zacopane's edge of the landscape.

Has anyone ever been there and enjoyed the wildlife?

If so, any advice wrt where (approximately) I should head for would be very gratefully recieved, not just about the animals mentioned, but anything of interest, however humble.

If its a bit sensitive a PM would be great,

many thanks

Traper

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2008
Poland
Well- If You want to see some wildlife stay as far as possible from Zakopane :) Be prepared- it's gonna be crowded :)

However- I can recommend:
Dolina Chochołowska ( Chochołowska Valley)
Dolina Kościeliska ( Kościeliska Valley)
Morskie Oko
Kasprowy Wierch
Dolina Pięciu Stawów.

How long are You going to stay in Zakopane?

Jan 22, 2006
uk
excellent - thanks Traper,

I'l be in Krakow one week, and a week on the edge of Zacopane.

I'll look up the places you mention, really appreciate the advice,

cheers

Traper

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2008
Poland
So You're going to have plenty of time to visit all the places that I've mentioned. :) And even more. :)
You may also consider Mroźna Cave, Mylna Cave (you'll need torch, good boots and warm hat :) ) and Giewont ( very dangerous during storms- there's a huge steel cross on the summit).

And if You're looking for some thrilling experience Orla Perć is the route to take.

Be safe and Have a good trip :)

Jan 22, 2006
uk
Dziekuję Traper,
this is fantastic - I really appreciate this!

I'll 'google earth' all the places you suggest and work out some routes from the cabin. The thought of finding some Lynx sign is incredibly exciting to me, as well as bear an wolf. I'm not expecting too much - just to be in their habitat is enough.

Poland is a fantastic country (and much underestimated holiday destination) 'cant wait to get back there and see these mountains.

Na Zdrowie!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE