Tatonka alcohol burner

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Whatever you do do NOT order one from SailGB - worst flaming customer service I have ever received. Ordered one, "oh we dont stock them ....Tatonka will deliver direct" which they didn't (although they claimed they had as part of a larger order). Told SailGB (who are rubbish at replying to mail) who said "we'll sort it out - be another two weeks though". A month later I demanded a refund.

Over 6 weeks all in for part of a set I wanted and will end up paying two delivery charges to complete the order with another retailer.

Lurch (Lakeland Bushcraft) is looking into getting them for me - should have gone to him in the first place - I'll review when I get one - they look great - but only if you can lay hands on one!

Red

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I've had a burner for a couple of years (got it from Andrew at Outdoor Code I think). Up until now I've used it with a clickstand and it's performed fine. I can't remember if the simmer ring came with the burner or I got it separately. Once hot it's great, but the stainless doesn't heat up as quickly as the brass of a trangia burner. Off the top of my head it's about 1cm taller than a trangia, but the same diameter. I remember the burner sat up a bit in the clickstand. So more fuel capacity.

That's interesting about SailGB Red. I ordered the stand from SailGB about 2 months ago and it came next day - couldn't fault the service. It all fits together well, but I haven't used it in anger yet. I got an 8 piece folding windshield from Ebay to complete the outfit.

Adrian

Forager
Aug 5, 2005
South East London
I've had a burner for a couple of years (got it from Andrew at Outdoor Code I think). Up until now I've used it with a clickstand and it's performed fine. I can't remember if the simmer ring came with the burner or I got it separately. Once hot it's great, but the stainless doesn't heat up as quickly as the brass of a trangia burner. Off the top of my head it's about 1cm taller than a trangia, but the same diameter. I remember the burner sat up a bit in the clickstand. So more fuel capacity.

That's interesting about SailGB Red. I ordered the stand from SailGB about 2 months ago and it came next day - couldn't fault the service. It all fits together well, but I haven't used it in anger yet. I got an 8 piece folding windshield from Ebay to complete the outfit.

Yes I got mine from Andrew as well. I think I had to order the simmer ring from him separately - but then when I started Trangia only offered them as accessories too. Has larger capacity than the standard Trangia but fits fine in anything the standard unit does. I find it performs well, and is easier to clean than the standard burner, but it does seem to cool down faster.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE