Tarred twine / bankline

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
I read in the promo advert that the tarred jute is good tinder for fires.
Makes sense but I'd still like to see some of it burning.

What will you use it for? Camp rigging?
 
I read in the promo advert that the tarred jute is good tinder for fires.
Makes sense but I'd still like to see some of it burning.

What will you use it for? Camp rigging?
It is, indeed - but it works best if you fray and tease it out into a 'fluffy' texture first. Once you've done that, it will catch from a fire steel or a match. The jute catches first, and then the wood pitch (also known as Stockholm Tar) melts, takes the flame and burns steadily. HTH
 
  • Like
Reactions: Toddy
Got mine from Amazon a couple of years ago, used mostly on my ridgeline to keep tarp stretched. Tend to use paracord for most things like lashings etc.

Have also used Bank line in the garden for bamboo wigwams for plants as it grips well and doesn't rot
 
  • Like
Reactions: punkrockcaveman

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE