tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Not had a tw tarp. But used a 3x3, my own opinion is that they are a bit small for hammocking, ok in good weather but come winter a longer one I have found to give more protection to the ends of the hammock.... I also like to be able to take the edges to the ground, and borito the ends in in really bad weather.... Being tall and shall we say built for comfort, ive found the ridge to be to low when this is done.

Someone will be along soon to tell you different....

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
TW tarps a very good IMO, my friend has the Cornelius which is what I guess you've ordered. As Stu says the 3x3m tarps are a little small for hammocking but are a very versatile size for anything else. I have the TW Sargasso tarp for my hammock which I find a great size as it more than covers the hornet (its 3.6m long IIRC) and still allows lots of usable space for cooking and storage.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I haven't used a TW either but I have a DD 3x3, the XL and the 3x3 camo.
You can set out the 3x3 in diamond formation to further protect the hammock ends from rain, but in winter I prefer the XL. I've modded mine with some poppers on the ends so can close the doors and have it down to the ground.

I would like to see a 3.5x3.5 made to suit my needs though. I may make some in the next month or so.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
If you can send it back I would go for the 4x4, only a few quid more than the 3x3 but over half as big again

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE