Tangled

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I keep on tangling in the bungee round the hem of my fleece.

And every other garment which has it...a lot seem to these days.

Do these things have a purpose or are they there to confound you?

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
lol Tengu bit of both I think.The elasticated cord on my jacket got caught on a bush the other day, as expceted the bush duly let go ............. thwack!!! I muttered a few harsh words and I have a real nice red twang mark form the hard plastic toggle on the end!!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I hate the damned things. They're never in the right place, the waist one sits somewhere around my hips and the ones at the thighs always seem to get bumped and the plastic adjusters leave me bruised. :sigh:

I reckon they're just another cunning ploy in the clothing industry's attempt to make clothing 'free size', which really translates as, "one size fits nobody very well " :rolleyes:

cheers,
M

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've got a couple but they both seem to be on the inside, I guess I've just been lucky as it's not something I noticed.

I can imagine the pain though, a bit like paintballing .

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I do when I can. Sometimes, without them, the jacket just blows up like a balloon when it's windy though :sigh:
Usually I just adjust them to fit me and then knot them off and remove the plastic bit and any too long length of mini bungee stuff.

cheers.
M

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Personally, I pull the buggers off and put a simple overhand knot in the elastic at the right place, but some people might enjoy the pain inflicted when one of these plastic things hits you at high speed :)

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
The toggle on the waist of the BCUK jacket is perfectly designed and definitely in the right place.

Tony, can I have my 5 quid now, please?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE