Taking Ration Packs on Aircraft?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brewers Whoop

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2008
Somerset
Taking my boy to Glaskogen in Sweden for a weeks canoeing and camping at the end of July. Does anyone know if military ration packs are allowed on commercial flights? We thought we'd take a few with us, but don't want to end with the rations turfed in the bin and/or us turfed off the flight!

The carrier is Ryanair, and I fear that if I ask them directly the person answering the question will simply say 'no' to anything slightly out of the ordinary.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Its nothing to do with the airline but the laws of the destination.

Absolutely correct........With the added complication, in your case, that Ryanair make up a lot of their own 'laws': Just as an example, if I take an internal flight in the Republic of Ireland with them I need to show a passport; if I travel between the UK and ROI I don't need anything other than any valid form of photo i.d., by law, but Ryanair require me to show a passport.

Never assume even the simplest of things with them, they are a law unto themselves.

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
I cant see why you couldn't other than in this current climate they might be concerned by the apparent liquid /pureeed format of ration pack pouches ?
A silver pouch with few makings and an non descript semi liquid content might arouse suspicion at security ? could you not put them in your hold luggage ?

Brewers Whoop

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2008
Somerset
A silver pouch with few makings and an non descript semi liquid content might arouse suspicion at security ? could you not put them in your hold luggage ?

This is the aspect I am concerned about. I think I may just shop over there. I can imagine them not being overly keen on allowing said pouches in the hold!

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
If going in the hold you'll have no problem but as others have said cabin baggage may be different. Having said that I
Left my folding knife in my binocular case and that's been through Stansted security check three times , Greece , Spanish and Italian " security checks three times before I realised I'd left it in there. A lady I came over to Greece with last week had two pairs of scissors in her bag and got through. To be safe stick it in your hold luggage if you have some .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE