Tablet weaving and warp weight loom stuff

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
aaah, i used to do something like that. it used to take me 2 or 3 hours to make a warp.

then i found lind hendrickson's website and started using her warping technique, which is the one mary just described. and now i can warp up in under an hour.

i'll try to post a short vid on youtube. i've never done that before, not sure if i have the technology, but we'll see.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Here's the start end, I quickly plaited and whipped the end just to keep it a bit tidy.

scan0001.jpg

And here's the other end. Ooops! You can plainly see two moments of distraction and losing my way! Still, i am happy with it for a first attempt and I've learnt quite a few lessons!

scan0002.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You've got it :approve: Lools like you've got the hang of keeping an even tension too :)

That first 'lightbulb' moment is all it takes, from there on the whole concept is easier.

Your girls can weave their friendship bracelets this way, and enough to do one isn't the chore that doing 5m for a kirtle can be. Lets you and them practice playing around with the card order too :cool: Short lengths also make great keyfobs and bookmarks, and if you use something like linen or hemp for the warps it makes excellent belts, straps and tumplines :D

The first time I did lettering I was ready to throw the entire 24 tablet warp in the bin :( and then it suddenly just 'worked' :1244: :1244: :D

I still have the first braid I wove from wool I'd spun and dyed with our own natural dyes, can't face cutting it tbh :eek:

cheers,
Toddy

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Well, that is about two A4 legths there and I had fun doing the lot! I made the needle and the cards myself, so it's one of the few things I've done and made the component parts to get the end result. I'll probably give 8 card weaves a few more goes and then move up to a 16'er!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE