Symonds Yat River Wye

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
You'll have to wing it at this time of year - it's like piccadilly circus at this time of year! If you paddle a bit downstream from there, just past the Bibblins, there's loads of fairly dense woodland on the left bank for a couple of miles where you'd be able to pitch and not be too far from the boat............there's a cycle track that runs along that bank now which is fairly heavily used, but you'll find somewhere easily enough - I regularly just do a spur-of the-moment o/nighter along that way. An open fire would be a big mistake anywhere along there, but I use a hobo and a woodgas without hassle. The other bank is fairly open, you'd be seen easily and there are a lot of teenagers that camp at the Bibblins campsite and some of the inner city groups can be a little............well, inner city..............

I've never had a problem in many years along that way, but I'm very discreet and it's just me and the dog, and people are usually intrigued rather than pee'd off if they do manage to find me or stumble upon the camp.
Same rules as usual when wild camping in England and Wales: Pitch late and Strike early and be circumspect...........Hope this helps,.............................atb mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE