sykco 711

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
Scrap yard knives company part of Busse knives , The SYKCO 711 is a 12.5 inch (31.7 cm) long knife which I would call a survival knife, but more heading towards survival/camping. The steel is SR-101 with a proprietary HT by Scrap Yard. It is basically 52100 steel with a special heat-treat. The blade itself is a quarter inch thick(6.1 mm) and

coated with a black crinckle coating.

The handle is Resiprene C. This material was used on Busse's Basic line. It is ,according to SY, an all-terrain truck tire without its disadvantages.

It is very tacky and reminds me about a handlematerial called, Forprene. Used by Extrema Ratio and Fox Knives. I've heard Res C is very durable and nearly impervious to

salt, fluids, DEET(insect
image1.JPG

repellent), heat etc. The ergonomics are great and it insulates well.

The tang is full and slopes inside the handle so it makes it almost as strong as a complete full tang without excessive weight, because a fixed blade usually breaks

at its ricasso-area. But this knife is so thick and stout and I have never heard people complaining on them failing. It is a tank.

image4.JPG
image3.JPG

image2.JPG

£210 all in please , rmsd

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE