Sycamore Uses?

Urban X

Nomad
Apr 6, 2012
Thanet, Kent
Aha thanks Alan, the neighbours are gonna think I'm a right nutter, forget that they already think I'm as mad as a box of frogs.

Righto if it's not hissing down tomorrow as it has been so far this fine Bank Holiday, I'll grab the trusty eastwing and head to one of the flint mountains, doh, rockery.

Diiiinnnnng - Sell it to lannyman8 by post ;)

Dunk! - Flog it to a tourist as local Kentish flint (which it is of course) :D

Superb, soon have room to grow veggies instead of Sycamores and flints and have a nice little cottage industry or 5 going! Ya just canny whack it. :D :D

Cheers :)

Si

Urban X

Nomad
Apr 6, 2012
Thanet, Kent
Well, the sun is shining so I had a wander round my little patch of England and then remembered the flints, grabbed the hammer had a quick bash and I can now see what you meant, out of about 16 I got 2 with a quite different sound like a 'ting' as opposed to a 'dunk'. Success rate doesn't seem very high to me but hey I have 1000s if I dig em out too so could end up with a few, now... What the heck do I do with em???

The beach and cliffs are full of em too so I won't run short, for every good one I find on the beach I can swap it a dud one so as not to upset the natural order of things lmao! :D :D :D

Si

Last edited:

Urban X

Nomad
Apr 6, 2012
Thanet, Kent
If I can't interest anyone in any flints, how about some parrots?

vcf1v.jpg

Another good reason to cut these bloody Sycamores down are these squawky lil buggers, actually rose ring parakeets not parrots but they make a hell of a racket at dawn and dusk. You can't really see the colour but they're a bright green and about twice the size of a budgie.

Si

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE