Sycamore Cooker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Sycamore cooking spoon, tooled finish. This one has some interesting grain in the bowl where a hidden inclusion was lurking which made the carving fairly interesting as the grain went every which it fancied, has some nice reflective compression grain in it though, which makes all the bad words worthwhile. :D

20190228_094650 by Mark Emery, on Flickr

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Bet that was tricky to get right :)

I know, I'm a housewife, but that spoon looks like the beesknees for beating batter :cool: what size is it though ?

M

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Very professional looking job!
Hidden inclusions can be really annoying - they always seem to be just where you don't want them.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
That's first class. I always look to the strength of the neck between the handle and the bowl.
This one has it. I enjoy your choice of woods.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Bet that was tricky to get right :)

I know, I'm a housewife, but that spoon looks like the beesknees for beating batter :cool: what size is it though ?

M

Thanks Mary, the grain in the bowl kept me occupied for a while for sure, size wise, the spoon is 22.5cm long and the bowl 5cm wide at the widest point

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Very professional looking job!
Hidden inclusions can be really annoying - they always seem to be just where you don't want them.

Cheers mate, aye always seem to find these things when you are well into the project too, still, we do enjoy a challenge :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE