Swiss Tool case.........

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
I was asked by a Member on here if I could make them a new case/pouch for their Swiss Tool.

It's made from 2mm Veg tan leather and hand stitched. The front was wet moulded round a wooden former (same as how Magikelly made his pouch) then trimed to shape.

DSCF2420.jpg

DSCF2421.jpg

DSCF2424.jpg

What do you think?

Cheers

Richard

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Like it! May have to get a block of wood out tonight....:rolleyes: Couple of questions,

why did you do the popper that way, to avoid scratching the tool and is the front tooled, it's got a nice grainy effect or is this natural?

Cheers,

Alan

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Like it! May have to get a block of wood out tonight....:rolleyes: Couple of questions,

why did you do the popper that way, to avoid scratching the tool and is the front tooled, it's got a nice grainy effect or is this natural?

Cheers,

Alan

I made a similar case for a chap over on BB he asked for that style of fastener and liked the idea, as you say it doesn't scratch the tool.

As for the grain on the leather its Veg tanned Camel hide from Leprevo and that's the finish;)

Richard

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Looks really good, much like the axe cover in the other thread - where do you source the leather from?

Is it beyond the realms of reason or sense to recycle an old briefcase or similar as raw materials for sheaths?

Cheers,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE