Swiss army penknife trick incase you didn’t know

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
I'd like to see the knot on the pin.

D'you know ? I was wondering that?
I sew constantly, I have innumerable pins, and bent ones end up in the Dead Sharp Things wee tub to be carefully disposed of later.
I thought I might give that bent hook a try, but then I couldn't work out how to thread onto the head of the pin securely. I reckoned I needed to turn it into an eye somehow.

Haven't played around with it yet, but it's food for thought.

M
 
D'you know ? I was wondering that?
I sew constantly, I have innumerable pins, and bent ones end up in the Dead Sharp Things wee tub to be carefully disposed of later.
I thought I might give that bent hook a try, but then I couldn't work out how to thread onto the head of the pin securely. I reckoned I needed to turn it into an eye somehow.

Haven't played around with it yet, but it's food for thought.

M

Have a Google search for tying spade end hooks..... I reckon that would work but it's not the same as in the video.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Toddy
As Robbi says, there are spade shank hooks - think more like splicing the end of a rope than tying a knot; though, I confess, it's been a very long time since I last tied one :)
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE