Swedish snow smock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jomo

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2012
banbury
hello everybody. Im looking for a Swedish windproof over the head anorak type Snow Smock (without the buttons down the front)made of the heavy duty cotton canvas material and in at least a xxl size or bigger. Does anyone have one for sale or know where i can get one? thankyou for your time

Feb 23, 2013
Wales
Hi guys, n00b here.

The endicott site says they have sizes 1 2 and 3, which one of these is the smallest and is that wqual to the c46 size?

Also, where is a good place to pick up the buttoned version in the same size or smaller.

Thanks.

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
My understanding is that size 1 is the smallest overhead smock; and has a 52" chest, well mine has. My C46 button smock has a 50" chest. There were a couple of button ones on eBay, or I have one for sale :)

BushcraftMan

Sep 17, 2013
Sweden
mydy8a8a.jpg
Just got my hands on this one, waxed and dyed, bands and buttons replaced, draw cord in bottom and waist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
hello everybody. Im looking for a Swedish windproof over the head anorak type Snow Smock (without the buttons down the front

The button down one is so much more practical in use than the over-the-head style. With a triple
flap there is no disadvantage out in the field.
I have both and rarely use the latter.

ebt.

Nomad
Mar 20, 2012
Brighton, UK
Hmmm Im after a hard wearing smock thats also not too heavy (general trogging about and sitting around the fire) and these seem to fit the bill.

Couple of questions for the masses, if you dont mind;

1. How much do they weigh.. ish?
2. has anyone got a picture of the stitching on the inside?

cheers!

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Do Endicotts still do the dyed ones and what size would fit a 44"chest?

The smallest c46 size should fit. These are massively oversized to go over all winter layers in deep cold with enough room underneath to don mitts. The arms sometimes come slightly short.

I strongly recommend giving your measurements to Kev at Endy'd, he'll take it from there.

@EBT, they come in at roughly 900g depending on size. On mine, seams are straight stitched and flat felled, no overlocking.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE