Swedish Mess Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
there's been quite a few threads about them which have mentioned good websites, so I think the search button will be your friend for that.

As for the fuel take thee to a local decorating store or homebase or some such and look out for methylated spirits. Dunno if you'd have any age related problems buying it though (it's ethanol with something nasty in it to stop you drinking it), perhaps best to take a wrinklie along?

leon-1

The burner is basically a trangia (only slightly larger) and as such runs on Meths :), as far as the cheapest place to get them is concerned I don't honestly know. I know that tommywydenflicht was arranging a group buy on here som it may be worth dropping him a PM to see if he still is and if it would be possible to add your name to the list. :)

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I know Tommywidenflycht is working on (group buy) some stainless steel ones (see thread in the Member Classifieds section) - although he doesn't take any pre-pre-pre orders anylonger (IIRC they'll do somewhere around 3 GBP excl. postage) - see the thread for more info.
But you've probably already seen this ;)

The fuel they run on is meths.

Don't know any cheap places to get from in the UK, but I remember that some of the members overhere got them very cheap from some army surplusstores.
If you'll do a search for swedish mess kit, you'll find a mega load ;) there are some internet links in those posts to sites which do them for a reasonable price.

Not much, but hope it helps

EDIT: Leon and Andrew beat me to it ... it's not fair guys, moi was typing this first ;) But as I have to do it in english it isn't as fast as yours :eek: ;)

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
I know that tommywydenflicht was arranging a group buy on here som it may be worth dropping him a PM to see if he still is and if it would be possible to add your name to the list. :)[/QUOTE]

tommywydenflicht did specifically ask for no more PMs regarding the stoves as he was overloaded by the amount of requests.

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
leon-1 said:
I know that tommywydenflicht was arranging a group buy on here som it may be worth dropping him a PM to see if he still is and if it would be possible to add your name to the list. :)

My nick is tommywidenflycht :rolleyes: I need to change to something that people can spell, is that possible somehow? I had zero inspiration when registering here...

By all means drop me a PM and I add you to the waiting list, se my thread in the member classifieds forum.

Omega

Tenderfoot
Jul 11, 2004
UK
Could you tell me, pan and frying pan - are their sizes convenient enough to cook for 2 people?
Regards,

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
If you are expecting to go with a second person, ask them to buy one aswell, or buy yourself two so that you can lend one to any colleauge that happened to go along with you. This is why the shiny trangia is preferred by mountaineers, because it has no working parts, is not affected by altitude, uses an easily obtainable fuel (alchohol in any form will work, apart from beer!) and if everyone takes one, you just line em up and cook a meal for everyone with the different things being cooked in the different sets. Make sure you cook the rice, it's not as messy to clean up afterwards!!

Omega

Tenderfoot
Jul 11, 2004
UK
Another questions: do you know if the meths burner used in Frangia 25, 27 and military surplus is the same in size?
Regards,

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
you could use hexi in the military trangia, just don't put it in the burner ;) after all without the burner unit it's just a windshield and pan.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE