Swedish lk35

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andrew_wales

Nov 2, 2015
Rhondda
Well I've had this rucksack for just over a week and have loaded it up and been a few miles with it. I know lots of you have or have had this rucksack, but I'm so impressed with it.
It cost £17, looks like new and feels bombproof. It has a decent size single compartment and plenty of strapping to attach bed rolls etc to the outside.
I added a hip belt which a made from a length of seat belt, which is actually pretty comfortable.
I can't believe you can get such a quality piece of gear for so little.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
It is amazing value for the money. As you say, it doesn't look like it would be comfortable but I load mine up and it sits there quite nicely :)

superc0ntra

Nomad
Sep 15, 2008
Sweden
Used it when I was in the military, great piece of kit. I currently use a LK70 as big pack and am considering purchasing a LK35 when my smaller pack goes bust. I'd also add a hip belt though.

Post Tenebras Lux

Tenderfoot
Sep 18, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Where abouts did you get it from?

I've been looking for a new pack for a while and unfortunately there aren't many choices between the 'standard' style of bags like Snugpack and Maxpedition or styles like Frost River.

I'd love a Frost River in the future but that's some serious coin.

The LK35 looks bombproof as you've said but it looks different and I like it.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
LK35
emoticon-00115-inlove.gif

Last edited:

andrew_wales

Nov 2, 2015
Rhondda
Yeah I got the canvas one. Added a belt and I'm chuffed. Just wish this rain would stop, so I can get out for the day.

Post Tenebras Lux

Tenderfoot
Sep 18, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Yeah I got the canvas one. Added a belt and I'm chuffed. Just wish this rain would stop, so I can get out for the day.

Been chucking down all day yesterday and today.

Working today from 2-10 though so not too fussed.

Hoping it stops today so I can get over to the woods tomorrow to find a nice piece of wood for a firesteel handle and another project, though!

andrew_wales

Nov 2, 2015
Rhondda
I've got 10 days off now so wanna try and get something done.
I need too take at least one of kids with me, to keep the wife happy. So fingers crossed for a dry spell.

slasha9

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Cannock
woodlife.ning.com
Have a look around Ebay etc. for Alice pack accessories, I got a belt and two padded shoulder straps for about £10 but that was a few years ago. It turned a really good pack into a great pack.

andrew_wales

Nov 2, 2015
Rhondda
I've used some seat belt material and a quick release buckle. I had them lying around the house and it took 2 minutes to put together. Can't really complain, it helps and feels comfortable. I assume a proper belt like the alice pack one mentioned above would be better for long distances/periods though.

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
I sewed some webbing onto a spare 2 inch belt I had and attached it to mine - works a treat! Just make sure you have the frame hanging nicely on the straps to hang it at the right height on your back.

fluffkitten

Mar 8, 2014
Nottingham
Pretty sure my LK35 holds a fair bit more than 35litres even before strapping things on the outside. With an Alice pack hip belt it is almost as comfortable as my way more expensive, much lighter Osprey Exos 38 (the most comfy pack I've ever owned) and carries about the same amount of gear. If the LK had an aluminium frame I doubt I'd use anything else.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I've had one for a few years now, but have never go around to putting a waist belt on it. What do you recommend?
If it ain't bust...I find mine very comfortable without a hip belt, up to about 9 or 10 kg. The only mod. I have made is to move the shoulder strap attachment upto the top rail to get the bottom of the frame a bit lower.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE