Swedish Lapland / Northern Lights

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
I am thinking of planing a trip to Swedish Lapland could any any one offer any advice as to when would be the best time to travel am thinking February March time.Also would this be a good time to see the Northern Lights any help or advice on where to stay would be appreciated.
Neil

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I think the lights are most visible over that way from September through to April time. I`m sure some of our scandi friends on here will enlighten you though.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
It's not a great time to see aurora at the moment (well, this year), because we're still very close to the solar minimum, and sun spot activity is still very low. The further north you go, the better your chances are.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I think there`s quite a few on here who`d be up for something like this. Maybe it`s something we can think about arranging sometime ??

Might have to bring SWMBO along though :(

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Spent a week inside the arctic circle at Levi, in December 06, only down side was the sky was never clear day or night so never got to see the lights. Still leaves an excuse for another visit i suppose.

Lush

Forager
Apr 22, 2007
Netherlands
If you hate big mosquitos yet don't want to go in the midle of winter, spring and fall are best, I think. I have never been in Sweden, but it applies to the whole boreal forest area, I feel. I have done some planning for a trip to Sweden.

In the middle of winter there is the risk of heavy snowfall. The summer brings lot's of mosquitos.

Februari, March are good I think. In Februari there is some risk of snow still, I reckon... Fall brings a bit more rain then spring of course..., so make your choice ;)

What kind of trip is it you are going to make? Bushcraft, Hiking, Camping? What part of Lapland (North or South?)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE