Swedish fire steel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
R

Ratboy

:?: Where's the best (read cheapest) place to get a swedish firesteel? Looked in a few shops without seeing any (surplus/outdoors). I assume online is the easy to go? I want to replace the cheap flint with bit of hacksaw I have, although it works not great sparks.

Cheers :)

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
They seem to be finding their way into more and more army surplus shops, usually £10-£12 for the army sized on. You can oftem pick them up a bit cheaper at various outdoor or country shows.

Dave

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Just ordered one from bushgear.co.uk on sunday night it was £10.95 incl p+p
don't know if thats cheap but the price was right for me. Delivered today.

Cheers

JFW

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
Justin Time said:
My last visit to Black's in Cardiff turned up not only firesteels but also the tins of Maya dust. I guess there's a busy rep somewhere.

Just be careful what you pay for it. I think it has to be one of the items with the widest percentage markup range of anything else I have found. Think it was over £4 at Blacks Lakeside just before christmas.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Blacks? Thats next door to where i work...Kudos, the outdoors shop. I'm surprised at that, when i went in there, they didnt seem to have much at all.
You learn quite alot from doing temp work in mountain shops, i know a helluva lot about gelert boots!

Cheers,

Jake

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE