Swedish Army 'Trangia'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grahoom

Forager
May 27, 2005
oxford
pathmusick.hermetech.net
i just got one of these in the post this morning, cost me 8 quid from ebay - not used it yet (had to go to work) - might give it a test run tonight when i get home.

i like the size / design compactness of it.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I ordered a sweedish trangia from them but had no problems .
But why do they give you a free mess tin set ? With the trangia you wouldn't need one ! Unless you use them to keep your webbingh pouches in the correct shape ?
Pumbaa

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
NEW Trangia Stove & Mess Set + Free British Army 2-piece Mess Tins £12.95

NEW Trangia Stove & Mess Set £9.95

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

so just how are the mess tins free exactly?!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Angus Og said:
Been some links on here about them before and it was not good.

I just ordered a Swedish Army Knife and the LK35 weekend sack (its bigger than a day sack!!) from Surplus and Adventure and I got them through the BFPO system during summer leave to Germany in less than a week. Hopefully they have seen this and other threads and are sorting themselves out. I was checking my bank account to see if the money had come out to try and guage when it would arrive, and after a few days I phoned up to make sure there wasn't a problem with the payment. The phone rang on and wasn't answered which was a bit of a pain.

Total cost of my order including P+P was £23.85, and I also got one of those collapsible mugs thrown in for free!! I'm happy with the service apart from the phone thing, and I would use them again.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Dogface said:
Not really on topic, but re: Surplus and Adventure. I've used them several times and have not had any probs.

Then judging by the posts on here and the people I've spoken too in other places I'd say you can consider yourself very lucky Mate. I haven't used them myself but thanks to their rep from people I trust on here I certainly won't be using them for anything.

Bam.

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
Bam,
I used them twice and had no problem either but that was before the negative postings

Also, wasn't the main problem to do with the sizing? Or some such?

I only ordered a mess kit, poncho and those swedish army shirts (which I must say has to be my favorite. A bit warm in the summer though. Want to buy a couple more of them but have been wary of using them again)

I would like to know if there is still a problem with their deliveries. Can anyone give an update?

Ed W

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2005
West Yorkshire
Hi,

Sorry if this is a stupid question and it's probably been asked before anyway but I got my trangia today and I can't work out where you put the meths :rolleyes:

thanks

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
unscrew the lid on the brass burner unit, then pour meths into the centre until 3/4 full. light and place black windshield over the top (with pan supports folded up). you are nowready to cook.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
I hadn't noticed other having problems...I made an order from surplus and adventure 3 months ago. It was only for about £30 of bits and pieces, but so far I have received a box of waterproof matches from them. Despite numerous e-mails (which they simply ignored) and telephone calls where they said they had stock problems (For hexy blocks and a closed-cell mat! :eek: ) and would get back to me, I haven't heard a peep out of them. I certainly won't be using them again and have warned several friends to steer clear of them. :(

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
bambodoggy said:
Then judging by the posts on here and the people I've spoken too in other places I'd say you can consider yourself very lucky Mate. I haven't used them myself but thanks to their rep from people I trust on here I certainly won't be using them for anything.

Bam.

I ordered a couple of things on sunday,and they all turned up on wednesday ...
Doesn't figure does it. Theres no continuity...

Ed W

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2005
West Yorkshire
Hi,

I've just tried what Graham S said but the flame kept going out (that was with the windshield) and I was using a lot of meths

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
Ed, try it somewhere sheltered so you can take wind out of the equation.
Give it a minute to soak it in the wick and throw a match in the hole in the centre.
You'll het a flame out of the centre and as it warms up you'll get the blue "gas ring" out of the holes around the edge.
There really is nothing to break with these stoves, so it's got to be something simple like the meths your using..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE